APCO Employees Credit Union full-time employees receive world-class benefits, including:
The HR Representative is responsible for the efficient operation of the HR Department and compliance duties regarding HR issues and practices for the Credit Union.
This position helps in the development of a superior workforce and company culture that emphasizes quality, improvement, and high performance.
• Assists in the direction of all daily HR operations
• Assists in overseeing training and development across the Credit Union (may require some travel to branches)
• Operates and maintains HR records and systems
• Oversees background checks and employee eligibility verifications
• Works with management and departmental managers to search for and pursue top talent
• Conducts phone and onsite interviews and interviews at branch locations as needed
• Assists in the coordination of onboarding and new hire orientation
• Involved in recruiting as well as terminations for positions across the Credit Union
• Coordinates benefits enrollment for new hires, promotions, terminations, and COBRA
• Regularly audits records to verify accuracy/completeness
• Responsible for bill reconciliation for payment
• Prepares or assists in preparation of HR and related reports
• Back up for personnel issues (investigations, disciplinary actions, terminations, layoffs, etc.)
• Other projects and tasks as requested by management
• Assists in Credit Union HR compliance with state and federal regulations
• Maintains understanding and knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements regarding HR issues
• Assists with Credit Union-wide compliance audits
Essential Qualifications & Competencies
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years human resources experience
• SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification(s) a plus
• Excellent analytical and project management skills
• Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports
• Display high level of discretion and judgement
• Must be able to travel between branch locations
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Excellent oral and written skills
The Branch Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a branch location and must be familiar with the Credit Union’s lending policies and procedures.
Organization Role and Overall Contribution
The Branch Supervisor reports to the Loan Department Supervisor position but will work with other departmental managers and receive direction from the Loan Manager as needed. The position is responsible for the direct supervision of all branch level employees including Assistant Branch Supervisor, Loan Counselors and Member Service Representatives.
The position is responsible for the first impression made on members when they enter a Credit Union branch location. The Branch Supervisor ensures that members receive quality service from entrance, throughout the transaction and exit. The Branch Supervisor provides lending information and services and product sales and services to members with direct impact on credit union revenues.
• Oversees Head MSRs and MSRs at given branch location
• Interacts with the member and addresses all questions and concerns
• Implements all management approved decisions to branch
• Monitors and coaches employees on a daily basis
• Cross-sells all Credit Union products and services
• Handles branch lending duties as needed, including underwriting loans
• Ensures compliance and security in operational procedures and policies
• Prepares all branch reports for submission to HQ
• Performs branch audits
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years experience in a banking or financial setting
• 1-2 years Supervisory experience
• Ability to supervise, lead and direct a team
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• Ability to communicate eloquently via spoken word or written text
• Knowledge of financial institution operations
• Must have knowledge of Credit Union lending policies and procedures
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to multitask and focus on numerous projects simultaneously
The Card Services Specialist is responsible for providing accurate, timely and professional card services to members and branches. The position is responsible for all card service functions of the Credit Union and requires the knowledge of current card service trends and programs. And the Card Services Specialist is responsible for ensuring members are receiving timely, accurate and professional assistance with their Visa card needs.
The Card Services Specialist reports to the Visa Department Supervisor, but will also take directions from the Member Services Manager. This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Keys in debit cards and sets up new credit cards
Processes debit dispute claims
Researches problems that occur with payments and makes appropriate adjustments
Processes debit and credit card reports
Responds to email and phone calls from members and Branches
Processes ATM rejects report
Processes cash advances in DPRM
Balances credits and debits and audits new cards set up from the monthly new accounts report
Sells or reloads travel chip cards
Processes electronic balance transfers
Processes card compromises
Helps ensure proper inventory for debit and credit cards
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree preferred
1-2 years of card services experience
1 year of customer service preferred
Experience with FiServ preferred
Sound analytical and problem solving skills
Requires excellent member service skills
Strong understanding of Credit Union operational policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of technology, credit card systems and software
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Extremely well organized and ability to prioritize tasks
Strong computer, calculator, spreadsheet and word processing skills
The Accounting Representative is responsible for the accurate, timely, and efficient completion of various accounting duties and responsibilities on a daily basis. This position performs a variety of support duties related to the accounting function within the Credit Union. This role’s focus is on accurate and efficient processing of all duties while providing excellent service to internal staff and responding appropriately and professionally to member communications.
Birmingham Area Locations, Clanton, and Tuscaloosa
Requirements: cash handling or MSR experience; typing, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite a plus; friendly and professional; strong problem solving skills; four-year college degree preferred.
Anniston, Birmingham Area Locations, Clanton, and Tuscaloosa
Part-time MSRs must be able to work Monday and Friday from 8:15 am to 5:00 pm, plus one other weekday, or Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The part-time MSR position is open to less-experienced applicants.
Basic Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members in person and via phone. Accepts cash and check deposits, accurately and efficiently processes withdrawals and cashes checks within authority level, loan payments, cashiers’ checks, money orders and cash advances. Proactively participates in cross-selling of Credit Union products and services. Performs specific assigned side-jobs with regular duties as needed. Serves members promptly and professionally, MSR’s are responsible for the first impression made on members when they enter our branches. This position also ensures that all member questions and concerns can be addressed while receiving quality service from entrance to exit.
Cash handling experience / Customer service experience
Click here to download our application. Send a completed application along with a copy of your resume to email@example.com
APCO Employees Credit Union job descriptions are not intended to provide an all-inclusive listing of related job activities. Associates may be requested by management to perform other related activities in place of or in addition to those representative activities noted in this job description. APCO Employees Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You are about to navigate away from our site.